A full history of Mildura Rowing Club has been documented and is available for purchase. The offical history was only completed in 2008 following significant research by Leonie Murphy.
Below is a summary of some of the events in the Mildura Rowing Club's long and proud history.
Mildura Rowing Club was founded in 1909.
The first official meeting was held on August 25th 1909 and the first Club President was Dr. Parker. The Club commenced it's fleet with 2 x fours, 2 pairs and one 'pleasure' boat. The first subscription was set at one pound.
With the outbreak of World War 1, 37 of the Club's 40 members enlisted for service. The Club went into recess for four years. One of those members who enlisted was killed, A.J. Robinson. The first Club boat was named after this member.
in 1918, the original boatshed was washed away in a flood, however, the fleet of boats was saved.
In 1925, the first Mildura Regatta was held. By the 1940's era, the Mildura Rowing Regatta was a major community event.
In 1939, with the advent of World War II, almost the total membership of the Club again enlisted. Six members remained to look after the club's assets and care for the fleet. The Club re-opened in 1944 with a popular resurgence of interest and activity.